Beginning the Silversea tradition of excellence, Silver Cloud provides the luxuries of a private yacht, the amenities of a country club and the fine services of an exclusive hotel.View cruise deals View details
Founded by an Italian family, Silversea has a focus on personal attention, intimacy and luxury. The line was named Silversea to capture the romance and sensations of the sea, and that imaginative approach follows through in all their cruise liners and itineraries.
Passengers can expect to be recognised by staff to enjoy a cruise that will be both personalised and exuberant. The no gratuity and open bar features of this line are popular and it is notable that there are no provisions for children – expect your fellow cruisers to be relatively wealthy, relatively well-travelled and either travelling without children, or with children and a nanny to amuse them.
- Brand history – a mid nineties launch and a focus on the top 10% of cruise passengers means this line has a highly diverse appeal and a service standard to match
- Signatures of the line –the signature of Silversea is the impressive inclusive pricing which makes luxury the centrepiece of the line’s cruise offering
- Number of ships – 6 (including a specialist expedition ship)
- Best for (kids, entertainment etc) – the sophisticated fellow passengers make Silversea really special, although the attentive (tip free) service is a really delightful experience too
- Special dining features – traditional two seater dining, with formal nights, belies the absolutely up to date cuisine on offer. The specialist eatery is over £100 a night for a superb menu including vintage wines
- Special suite features – it’s all suites, all the way, for Silversea, and soon it will be butler service all the way too, currently smaller suites don’t get butlers but they will in the next 24 months
- Special kid features – none : this is not a line for youngsters unless they are budding bridge or chess champions
- Entertainment features – think elegant but low key, part of the entertainment is getting to know your interesting and up-market fellow passengers
- Spa and fitness features – the spas are great, the gyms often small and oversubscribed for classes
- Routes – literally anywhere, especially the Prince Albert II expedition ship, but usually out of the standard cruise line track because Silversea passengers don’t enjoy throngs and crowds